Chantal Milot RMT
Chantal became a registered massage therapist having graduated with Honours from the ICT Kikkawa College of Massage Therapy in 2007, and after completing studies in Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo in 2005. She has spent the last 20 years training and competing in various sports, and working as a personal trainer, which has lead her to specialize in deep tissue massage techniques and sports massage, to address a myriad of repetitive strain injuries, ranging from acute to chronic.
Chantal’s treatment philosophy is to address both the root cause as well as the immediate symptoms during her treatments, in such a way to provide both immediate pain relief, and longterm benefits and improvements. To do this, she likes to asses the body as a whole, to pinpoint the root cause of any injury and to devise a precise treatment plan designed to restore the injured structure or muscle causing pain, to put an end to the pain cycle, so to speak.
Her treatments generally include modalities such as myofascial release, trigger point therapy and active release technique to provide you with the most effective rehabilitative treatments possible. That being said, although deep tissue massage is undeniably her forte, Chantal also enjoys giving relaxing therapeutic massages, ideal to help melt away all of the week’s stresses.
Over the years, Chantal has worked successfully with high profile MMA fighters, professional dancers and acrobats, Boston marathoners, triathletes, pre-olympic swimmers, track athletes, bodybuilders, crossfiters, and olympic weightlifters.
In her spare time, although she previously successfully competed as a professional bodybuilder for over 15 years, Chantal now takes to weight training, in hopes to compete in Natural Powerlifting Federations in 2017, and is also an active foster parent for Boxer Rescue Ontario and proud adoptive mother of a spirited, but loveable Boxer named “Romeo”.
She is available for appointments Monday-Friday 9am-8:30pm
and Saturdays 9am-5pm, and her specialties include:
- Functional Range Assessment
- Functional Range Release
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM)
- Kinesio Taping
- Relaxation/Stress Release Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Elderly Massage
- Acute and Chronic Conditions
- Muscle Spasms
Education and Certifications:
- Functional Range Release – Certified F.R Upper Limb Provider
- Functional Range Assessment – Certified Functional Range Assessment Specialist
- Functional Range Release – Certified F.R. Spine Provider
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation – Certified IASTM Provider
- Neurokinetic Therapy (NKT) L1
- Reiki III- Master/Teacher Usui Shiki Ryo Reiki Training
- Kinesio Taping KT1 and KT2 – Certified Kinesio taping Provider
- A.R.T Upper Limb – Certified A.R.T Upper Limb Provider
- Applied Kinesiology
- Jennings Myofasial Release Technique
- Advanced Peripheral Joint Mobilizations and Muscle Energy
- Reiki I & II – Usui Shiki Ryo Reiki Training
- Advanced Deep Tissue and Neuromuscular Massage
- Kikkawa College of Massage Therapy
- CPR/First Aid Certification
BOOK DIRECTLY ONLINE!
DIRECT BILLING NOW AVAILABLE!
2409 Yonge Street, Suite 304
Toronto Ontario, M4P 2E7
Phone (or text): 416 567 2896